The Task of Managing Social Media
Social media management can be a bit overwhelming. There are so many platforms, algorithms, tools, and pieces of software out there that just deciding how to manage all of your accounts can be a daunting task. To make your journey in social media management a bit easier, we compiled a list of our favorite tools for social media. This is not an exhaustive list, but it will give you a good place to start!
Our Social Media Management Tool Recommendations
- Buffer. If you have searched for tools that allow you to publish social media posts from multiple accounts all from one dashboard, then you have probably come across Buffer. Tools like Later and Hootsuite and so many others offer social media post scheduling. We’ve tried so many tools and have found that Buffer most directly assists in the task of planning our social media content. We can connect accounts from multiple platforms and for multiple clients all from one dashboard. Over the years, Buffer has expanded their toolset to include tools for analytics and the ability to reply to social media followers all from one dashboard. Buffer has both paid and free versions so you can experiment before upgrading. We highly recommend using Buffer to keep your social media calendar in order.
- Canva. One of the most difficult aspects of social media management is generating attention-grabbing content. While Canva is a full-service design suite that lets you create graphics for a plethora of projects (i.e. business cards, presentations, posters, and so many more), this platform allows you to edit photos, generate social media post templates, and implement stunning stock photography. The best part of Canva, however, is that you can use all of its core features for free! If you are looking for a great way to step up your social media content, consider trying Canva!
- IFTTT (If This Then That). This is another tool that can help make posting to your social media channels easier. IFTTT allows you to create triggers that connect one platform to another. For example, if you want to automatically pin your Instagram photos to a Pinterest board every time you post, then IFTTT can create such a connection. IFTTT, however, can extend your reach on social media because you can connect your channels to other pieces of technology you are already using. For instance, IFTTT allows you to send a tweet overtime you publish a blog post from your WordPress site. The options are truly limitless on IFTTT.
- Buffer’s Marketing Library. This free resource contains all kinds of helpful information and articles regarding social media. This is one of the best ways to stay up to date on the latest shifts in algorithms and trends. Buffer’s team publishes stellar content that will ensure that your social media posts will stand out.
- Sprout Social’s Guide to Paid Ads. If you are running paid advertisements on any social media platform, then you know how fickle results can be. Sprout Social (an incredibly robust social media planning, scheduling, publishing, and analyzing software) has generated one of the most comprehensive series of guides for creating and managing paid ads on multiple platforms.
- AdEspresso’s Blog. Worried about Instagram’s ever-changing algorithm? Us too! The social media landscape is always changing and if you don’t change your methods, then it is hard to navigate the terrain. AdEspresso’s blog constantly pushes out helpful articles that detail these types of changes.
- Rival IQ. This one is probably the powerful analytics tool we use. While Rival IQ has paid options, they also offer a number of incredible free tools to assess how you are performing on social media and how you are performing in comparison to your competitors. For instance, Rival IQ’s Instagram Head-to-Head Snapshot tool allows you to see a stunning array of analytics between you and one of your Instagram competitors. Head over to Rival IQ to check out their tools.
Use The Tools That Work For You
As we said, this is not an exhaustive list by any stretch of the imagination. There are so many tools that can help you with managing your social media. We encourage you to certainly explore our recommendations. But, try out other ones and figure out what tools make the most sense for you. Social Media Management is not easy, but having the right tools for the job can help with this daunting task!